What We Believe
If you have attended most other churches, the beliefs and worship practices at Forest Hill will be familiar. Here are some of the beliefs and worship practices that we share in common with nearly all major Christian groups.
We believe in…
- God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
- Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day He arose again. He ascended into heaven, He is seated at the right hand of the Father, and He will come to judge the living and the dead.
- The Holy Spirit, the Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
In our worship we…
- Have weekly communion, which is sometimes called the “Lord’s Supper” or the “Eucharist”.
- Practice baptism for those entering the church. Like most Christians in most times and most places, we believe baptism is necessary for salvation.
There are some beliefs and practices that are more distinctive at Forest Hill, we…
- Practice full immersion baptism of adult believers.
- Sing without musical instruments, or acapella.
We believe and practice these things on the basis of God’s word as revealed in scripture, as we understand it and as we have learned it from many generations of Christians, a great cloud of witnesses. Always, we humbly seek to understand better our faith and strive to be not only a teaching church, but also a learning church. Above all, we pray for the grace of the Holy Spirit that we need to imitate and participate in God’s way of life and work in our world.
If you have any questions regarding what we believe, our minister, Matt Hale, will be eager to hear from you. Matt can be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (216) 371-1743 during office hours.